Wednesday, December 3, 2014

De-cluttering My Makeup

Hey guys! I decided that I need to get rid of some makeup products their either old of expired and keeping expired makeup is gross and keeping makeup that I don't like just to have a big collection is lame. I'm getting rid of 12 products and I wanted to show you guys those products and tell you my HONEST opinion about them.

 E.L.F Mineral Face Primer
I'm throwing this away because...IT'S EMPTY! I love this primer and I have two back-ups but I completely forgot that I still had this bottle so this is going BYE BYE!

Rimmel London BB cream in Medium/Dark
I just discovered that this BB cream expires this month. I don't exactly when (then again, who really knows?) but I don't want to that a chance so i'm throwing it away. I really liked this product. It's gave me a natural finish and I didn't know that until show of my friends were staring at my face (weird) and they were complimenting my skin. So, claps to this BB cream!


  
E.L.F Lip Exfoliator 
I used to use this every day, in fact, this is my second tube. For some unknown reason I stopped using it. I was going to start using it again but, I smelled it and it now smells like play-doh. It's suppose to smell like coconut or a bakery not play-doh. So of course that means it's expired. I'm going to buy another one though.


  
L.A. Colors 12 Color Eyeshadow Palette in Traditional
This was one of the first makeup products that I bought when I was becoming serious about makeup. I really loved this palette! As you can tell I hit pan on most of the colors. For a dollar I feel this product is perfect for a beginner. As you can see some of the colors are pretty pigmented and the rest are good blending colors but I'm getting rid of this because it's old and the lid comes right off (seen in pic 2) and I can always get another one.


  
E.L.F Essential Brightening Eye Color in Butternut
This is one of the first E.L.F products I ever bought. It looks like I haven't used it but trust me, I have. I think I used this before the L.A. Colors palette. This was an easy palette for everyday or if you're in a hurry. This is old so i'm getting rid of it and I have a backup of this one.

  
L.A. Colors 12 Color Eyeshadow Palette in Supernatural (weird name)
Once again, this was one of the first products I bought and I don't understand why I bought it. All of the shadows soft and pigmented but there's only one problem, I don't wear blue! This palette has been sitting in my collection for years and I haven't used it at all! I do have some blue shadows and ill just use those instead of this.


  
Beauty Treats Love Heart Eyeshadow Palette
I bought this yet again when I first started makeup and this is one of those palettes that you can buy at a clothing store and they sometimes have makeup products there that you can buy. So, I bought because I thought it was pretty but, I didn't really use it because it's not really pigmented. As you can see in the third picture there are only a few colors that have some pigmentation and I just kept it for sentimental reasons. I say if  you're starting with makeup you should skip this palette but, their diamond eyeliner is awesome!


  
E.L.F Duo Eye Shadow Cream in Butter Pecan
I used to use this under my eye shadows to make them pop and this was amazing! Even today it's still creamy and pigmented! It's going bye bye because it's old just like everything eles lol!

  
E.L.F Smudge Pot in Pearls of Wisdom
So something weird happened with this product. I ordered this a while ago (I don't remember) along with another smudge pot in Back to Basics (which I LOST!) and I swatched them both. Back to Basics was nice and creamy and pigmented! But Pearls of Wisdom was kind of dry. I kept it and kept fighting with it but then I decided throw it away but, before I did I cut into with tweezers to see how dry it was and it went in like soft cheese! I started stabbing it and under it the hard layer it was creamy! WTF! Now since it's all chopped up i'm throwing it away. I'll just buy a new one.


 
E.L.F All Over Color Stick in Pink Lemonade
I know it looks weird but here's what happened. I twisted up the product all the way to see how much i had left and I couldn't twist it back down and I couldn't put the cap back so I just put the product in this container but, because I put it in here I completely forgot about it and it just got old. I used this as a blush base and it was awesome. Also a great lip color for something really quick.

  
Icing Conceal & Brighten Palette
I do not like this product at all! I feel that the pink and green product that is in most palettes now are a gimmick. Maybe I'm not using correctly. I just feel like the green just stains the face green and I don't see how it cover red. I don't understand what the pink is suppose to do. That's not the only reason why I don't this palette. The concealers actual aren't really good.

  
Covergirl Classic Color in Soft Mink
In the second picture the scary thing in the mirror is me (I wear glasses sometimes). Ok, a friend gave me this product because she felt it didn't look good on her skin so she gave it too me. This product is pretty old and I forgot about it so it's going bye bye.



Ok, so that's all products are that I'm getting rid of for now and I really needed to.
I hope you enjoyed reading and thank you for reading!
Ok so bye!
<3Sara<3

No comments:

Post a Comment